Download the Alliance Brochure (PDF, Get Adobe Reader)
A Brief History
The Alliance for Student Activities was founded by a
group of educators and trainers who realized the need for a unifying
voice and network to promote the
benefits and processes of cocurricular activities. Through a grant from the Herff Jones Company they met
to explore ways to improve education
through the use of student
activities. They quickly focused
on the need for advisor training
and for raising the awareness of
the community as to the value of
cocurricular activities. The members
began to organize themselves
to establish advisor training, offer
programs and resources to the profession,
and to seek opportunities to partner with other organizations to advance the Alliance mission.
The Alliance was established as a corporation with nonprofit 501(c)(3) status in the spring of 2007 by this group of educators and trainers who realized the need for a unifying voice and network to promote the benefits and processes of cocurricular student activities. Roles within the organization include:
- The members at large
- Advisory committee members
- The board of directors: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer
- The administrative staff
Meet the Alliance Board of Directors
Advisory Committee Members
The Alliance for Student Activities is dedicated to:
- Raising the awareness of the value of cocurricular activities (those activities in and around the school community that provide students with the opportunity to learn, develop, and practice the life skills for social and civic involvement)
- Supporting academic achievement by helping establish a safe, positive school climate
- Training educators and student leaders in the processes, philosophies, and procedures that provide the foundation for successfully engaging the larger student population
- Partnering with like-minded organizations to promote the value of student activities.
The Alliance actively recruits those who understand the value of a positive, engaged student body in enhancing the atmosphere for academic achievement; people who are willing to provide a unifying voice and a network for sharing resources, information, and training opportunities through partnerships and joint ventures. Alliance members include professional educators in both private and public sectors: teachers, college and university professors, administrators and supervisors, corporate trainers, and business people who believe in the importance of the mission.
We strongly suggest club and class organizations enroll their advisors, principals and administrators enroll themselves and several of their faculty and staff as members to share the resources and monthly information and enhance their effectiveness with the general student population.
Join the Alliance!
Back to top